2018 Dance Competition Tour - Videographer (Seasonal)
Join the HEADLINERS family! Headliners is one of the longest running dance competition organizations, now entering our 29th season. Based out of Randolph, New Jersey, we produce and host events nationwide while maintaining our vision of providing a fun, supportive experience for everyone attending. We depend on all members of our tour staff to make our events a success.
The video position is a seasonal position that travels to events late January through mid-May (Thursday afternoon or Friday AM departure, Sunday or Monday AM return depending on location of event.) Commitment of at least 6 weekends preferred. Events typically run as follows: Set-up Friday, Event Saturday and Sunday. Based on enrollment, events may require an early Friday set-up/Friday afternoon event start. Professional equipment is provided. Skill sets in action photography not required, but beneficial.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Must be able to maintain a smooth shot at all times and be able to react to fast-paced and shifting movement on stage. Candidates should be tech savvy and comfortable with Mac computers. Job includes set up of camera, running video feed to various stations, set up and integration of audio feed, and set up of computer for live streaming. During event responsibilities include recording each routine, playing lower thirds from the computer and switching the stream to the camera or playlist as well as backing up video files after each session. Experience with sport/dance photography a plus. Staff are also required to contribute to social media by taking candid photos of dancers backstage, on stage during awards, and other special moments.
*All staff are expected to assist with loading and unloading the truck.
*Option to drive truck for additional compensation.
*1-2 training weekends will be required.
- Be able to travel as required: leave Thursday or Friday, return Sunday or Monday AM.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Be a "Team Player" and be respectful and capable of working well with others at all times.
- Have experience and knowledge of set up and operation of video equipment.
- Be familiar with both windows and mac computers.
- Calmly and professionally troubleshoot and fix any issues that arise. (Should be tech-savy and must be capable of understanding the technical workflow).
- Be willing to assist with load-in, set-up, teardown and load-out.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate MUST submit a demo reel and/or portfolio.
Work with a great team of people - "The Headliners family"
Travel the USA - Headliners covers travel, meals, and hotel in addition to salary compensation
Great pay with loyalty benefits
*These positions have no union jurisdiction