2018 Dance Competition Tour - Audio Visual Technician (Seasonal)
Join the HEADLINERS family! Headliners is one of the longest running dance competition organizations, now entering our 29th season. Based out of Randolph, New Jersey, we produce and host events nationwide while maintaining our vision of providing a fun, supportive experience for everyone attending. We depend on all members of our tour staff to make our events a success.
The Audio/Visual Technician position is a seasonal position that travels to events late January through mid-May (Thursday afternoon or Friday AM departure, Sunday or Monday AM return depending on location of event.) Commitment of at least 6 weekends preferred. Events typically run as follows: Set-up Friday, Event Saturday and Sunday. Based on enrollment, events may require an early Friday set-up/Friday afternoon event start. Professional equipment is provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This person will work in tandem with the media team and Event Director to ensure the best presentation of the stage. During set up, they will be responsible for overseeing the audio system and integrating Headliners lighting equipment with the venue's to create 3-5 looks per event. Throughout the event, their primary responsibility will be coordinating with the Emcee, monitoring audio quality, and switching between various audio sources. As our technical representative, this person must be familiar with theater audio and lighting. They will need to coordinate with the venue's staff to facilitate optimal use of the venue's equipment. This includes patching into the house audio system and using the house lighting board to design and program various looks.
- Set up audio equipment such as various audio sources, mixer, and audio output to speakers and integration with video camera.
- Operate audio mixer and monitor feeds to ensure quality.
- Set up lighting equipment such as moving lights, truss, and integrating with the venue's lighting systems.
- Design and program 3-5 looks on the venue's lighting board.
- Confer with Director to establish cues and directions.
- Ensure equipment is installed according to designated layout.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Oversee the set up of video feeds, monitors, and streaming equipment. Troubleshoot and help where necessary.
- Be able to travel as required: leave Thursday or Friday, return Sunday or Monday AM.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Be a "Team Player" and be respectful and capable of working well with others at all times.
*All staff are expected to assist with loading and unloading the truck. Option to drive truck for additional compensation.
*Additional opportunity at our Randolph, NJ offices to assist with post production and inventory control.
*One training weekend is required.
Work with a team of dedicated and fun people - "The Headliners family"
Salary with incentives for hard work and dedication plus travel, food and double occupancy lodging provided
A unique opportunity to grow personally and professionally
*This position has no union jurisdiction