2018 Dance Competition Tour - Photographer (Seasonal)
Join the HEADLINERS family! Headliners is one of the longest running dance competition organizations, now entering our 29th season. Based out of Randolph, New Jersey, we produce and host events nationwide while maintaining our vision of providing a fun, supportive experience for everyone attending. We depend on all members of our tour staff to make our events a success.
The video position is a seasonal position that travels to events late January through mid-May (Thursday afternoon or Friday AM departure, Sunday or Monday AM return depending on location of event.) Commitment of at least 6 weekends preferred. Events typically run as follows: Set-up Friday, Event Saturday and Sunday. Based on enrollment, events may require an early Friday set-up/Friday afternoon event start. Professional studio equipment is provided. Skill sets in action photography not required, but beneficial.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Must be comfortable shooting in low light, fast paced conditions and provide quality shots of each performance with little or NO need for post work. Should be tech savvy and comfortable with Mac computers. Job requires set up of camera, direct-capture to computer, and connection to viewing station as well as coordination with Audio/Video Technician to achieve an optimal shooting environment. During event responsibilities include taking of 60-100 photographs per routine, sorting the images into the appropriate folders, and setting them to copy & resize for near-instant viewing as well as backing up photos after each session. Experience with sport/dance photography as well as any videography experience a plus. Staff are also required to contribute to social media by taking candid photos of dancers backstage, on stage during awards and other special moments.
*All staff are expected to assist with loading and unloading the truck.
*Option to drive truck for additional compensation.
*1-2 training weekends are be required
- Be able to travel as required: leave Thursday or Friday, return Sunday or Monday AM.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Be a "Team Player" and be respectful and capable of working well with others at all times.
- Have experience and knowledge of set up and operation of camera equipment.
- Be familiar with both windows and mac computers.
- Calmly and professionally troubleshoot and fix any issues that arise. (Should be tech-savy and must be capable of understanding the technical workflow).
- Be willing to assist with load-in, set-up, teardown and load-out.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate MUST submit a portfolio of photography work and/or demo reel.
Work with a great team of people - "The Headliners family"
Travel the USA - Headliners covers travel, meals, and hotel in addition to salary compensation
Great pay with loyalty benefits
*These positions have no union jurisdiction