2018 Dance Competition Tour - Media Assistant (Seasonal)
Join the HEADLINERS family! Headliners is one of the longest running dance competition organizations, now entering our 29th season. Based out of Randolph, New Jersey, we produce and host events nationwide while maintaining our vision of providing a fun, supportive experience for everyone attending. We depend on all members of our tour staff to make our events a success.
This position requires travel to events late January through mid-May (Thursday afternoon or Friday AM departure, Sunday or Monday AM return depending on location of event.) Commitment of at least 6 weekends preferred. Events typically run as follows: Set-up Friday, Event Saturday and Sunday. Based on enrollment, events may require an early Friday set-up/Friday afternoon event start.
- Set up the media computer, TVs, and playlist.
- Set up the iPads and airport.
- Set up the lobby schedule computer.
- Set up the backstage schedule computer.
- Set up the house schedule computer & TVs.
- Assist with running video feed to backstage TV & judges.
- Get B-roll and photos of kids practicing in the halls and visiting Merchandise. Post to social media.
- Check photographer's program for starred routines. Pull photos from those routines. Post to social media.
- Check social media for other people's posts & photos and reshare.
- Assist with light PA assignments as needed.
- Retrieve Travel Backup Drive from photographer & backup newest videos to it.
DURING AWARDS CEREMONIES:
- Get B-roll and photos of "dance party" prior to awards presentations as well as essential moments.
- Get B-roll and photos of overall award and title winners.
- Save, backup, sort, select photos, & post to social media (30 min).
*Additional opportunity at our home office to assist with post-production.
*All staff are expected to assist with loading and unloading the truck. Option to drive truck for additional compensation.
*One training weekend is required.
Work with a team of dedicated and fun people - "The Headliners family"
Salary with incentives for hard work and dedication plus travel, food and double occupancy lodging provided
A unique opportunity to grow personally and professionally
*This position has no union jurisdiction