Dance Competition - Office Media Assistant (Year-Round)
Media Assistant will work on a wide range of projects from video editing to graphic design for print and social media and assist the Creative Director elsewhere in projects as necessary. Due to the wide range of responsibilities, it is a great position for expanding experience and skill sets!
During the season their weekly responsibilities will include: processing media from each event for backup and delivery to customers, selection and processing of photos and videos for online contests and social media content, editing of Weekend in Review thank-you videos for each event, creation of other social media content including regularly scheduled posts, maintaining weekly and monthly email blasts, and preparing content for upcoming events.
Off-season responsibilities will focus more on maintaining social media presence and preparing content such as videos of routines from National and posts announcing updates to our tour. Additional responsibilities will include selection and preparation of photos for promotional purposes, creation of videos to promote various events and opportunities, and assistance in general processes relating to various seasonal projects as necessary.
The person in this position will also be responsible for learning the set up and workflows for tour positions including Photo, Video, and Media and assisting in the organization and inventory of equipment.
- Organize and Backup Media
- Edit Weekend in Review Videos
- Select Photos for Photo of the Week Contests
- Create and Post Photo of the Week Contests
- Organize Media for Delivery
- Create Content for Social Media
- Manage Social Media Presence on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter
- Prepare Lower Thirds Graphics for Events
- Prepare Media Drives for Events
- Create Weekly, Monthly, and Seasonal Email Blasts
- Edit Promotional Videos
- Organize and Inventory Equipment
- Assist with Projects Such As Seasonal & Yearly Mailers, Brochures, Thank-Yous, etc.
HOURS & POSITION INFORMATION:
32-40 Hours per Week.
Event season runs January through July.
All office staff members are required to travel to at least 1 event during the season, requiring Friday-Sunday. (Paid Separately.)
- Must be familiar with and knowledgable with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
- Must have previous editing experience.
- Experience in After Effects and Illustrator is a plus!
- Must be organized and work flexibly and efficiently with limited time.
- Should have experience with photography and/or graphic design.
- Should also be well rounded in their experience with digital media and interested in applying their efforts to multiple skill sets as well as developing new ones.
- Should be familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and SnapChat.
- Applicants must submit a portfolio and/or samples of their work.
- Working with a small team allows team members to take initiative and command their own projects.
- Opportunity to expand experience and accumulate new skill sets.
- Headliners is constantly growing! This position will be integral to the formulation and execution of new projects in coming years.
- Semi-flexible hours August-December.